Doesn't your four-legged friend deserve a homemade treat for the holidays or any special time you want to show them your love? Our wholesome basic batter bakes up into crunchy, yummy Homemade Doggie Bones that're so "doggone good," tails will surely be wagging!
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, wheat germ, dry milk, shortening, brown sugar, and salt; mix until crumbly. Add egg and water; mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough until smooth. Using a rolling pin, roll out to a 1/2-inch thickness. Using a dog bone-shaped cookie cutter or a knife, cut out biscuits.
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- We know dogs love these treats because we tested them with real dogs that couldn't get enough of them! And don't worry if the kids (or even adults) get into them. They're perfectly edible – but not very tasty – for humans. Before giving these to your dog, be sure he/she has no allergies to wheat, eggs or dairy products.
- Veterinarian Approved!
- Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Snacks/Homemade-Doggie-Bones#k3KRZYuT4Czwz7p2.99