Mrs. Claus' Lemon Cookies
Mrs. Claus' Lemon Cookies have just a hint of lemon and are so festive-looking, they'll add sparkle to your dessert table easily. And since Mrs. Claus made them, you know they're Santa approved!
Makes: 36 cookies
Cooking Time: 15 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pinch of salt
- 3 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 drops yellow food color
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, oil, milk, salt, lemon extract, and the egg. Roll dough into 1/2-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookies are set but not brown. Let sit 5 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine glaze ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Dip tops of cookies in glaze and place on wire rack.
- Use assorted sprinkles and decorating sugar to decorate your cookies. Just be sure to do it quickly, before the glaze hardens!
- If you want to decorate your cookies with multiple colors, separate glaze into smaller bowls and mix in food colors one drop at a time, until desired colors are reached.
- For tips on how to organize your own cookie exchange, click here. And for lots more cookie recipes, check out our Cookie Countdown!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Cookie-Recipes/Mrs-Claus-Lemon-Cookies#6HxB1sod7qLuwqzJ.99