Overstuffed Portobello Mushrooms
It's not always easy planning a meal that's both delicious and diabetic-friendly that the entire family can enjoy. Not to worry because we've put together a complete meal, including our Overstuffed Portobello Mushrooms and a few other dishes that you can find on EverydayDiabeticRecipes.com, that is the perfect fit for everyone!
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/Editors-Picks/A-Diabetic-Friendly-Meal#xFIZfxycPP1T3spF.99
Meaty and flavorful portobello mushrooms hold up perfectly for filling with hearty stuffings like this version cheesy artichoke spinach filling. As an appetizer or even a light lunch, our Overstuffed Portobello Mushrooms are delicious!
Serving Size: 1 stuffed mushroom
Cooking Time: 30 min
What You'll Need:
- 6 (3-inch) portobello mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned with damp paper towels
- 1/2 cup quartered artichokes, drained (from a can)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place mushrooms on baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix until well combined. Evenly divide mixture on top of each mushroom cap and mound with a spoon.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
- Serve this with a side of whole grain pasta or click here for more ideas on how to make this a complete meal!
- You'll never believe that our recipe for Bottomless Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is diabetic-friendly!
- If you'd like more information on our Hello Taste, Goodbye Guilt! cookbook, including purchasing details, click here.
Read more at http://www.everydaydiabeticrecipes.com/Vegetables/Overstuffed-Portobello-Mushrooms-126829#3ocf6YCcFoqtcpte.99