Published On: Sep 19 2013 09:47:06 AM CDT
If you love the Amish classic Shoofly Pie, then these muffins are right up your alley! They have the same buttery texture with the heavenly streusel topping that no one can resist!
Cooking Time: 25 min
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 muffins cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Add butter and mix until crumbly. Reserve 1/2 cup of mixture for topping. Stir remaining ingredients into flour mixture.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter. Sprinkle reserved topping mixture over batter, distributing evenly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out dry. Cool 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- The icing on the cake or, in this case, the jam on the muffin, could be your very own homemade Peach and Plum Jam!