Soft Pretzel Reubens
Published On: Mar 18 2014 10:24:26 AM CDT
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 pound sliced deli corned beef
- 1 (8-ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and squeezed dry
- 4 (1-ounce) slices Swiss cheese
What To Do:
- Coat 2 rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Cut dough into 4 equal pieces. On a lightly floured surface, roll each piece into a 24-inch rope, form into a pretzel shape, and place on prepared baking sheets.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg white and water; brush over top of each pretzel. Sprinkle evenly with kosher salt. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place to rise for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap and bake pretzels 15 to 17 minutes, or until golden. Let cool slightly then slice in half horizontally.
- Evenly spread mustard on both halves of pretzel buns. Layer bottom half of pretzels with corned beef, sauerkraut, and cheese, distributing evenly. Place on baking sheets and bake 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, top with remaining pretzel halves, and serve.
There are so many good things you can do with bread dough! We suggest you try our yummy Pinata Bread for some grateful Olés!