It's great when you can turn economical cuts of meats into melt-in-your-mouth dinners with little work. You see, since the stove does all the work for our Stovetop Roast, you can catch up on your chores or TiVo.
Cooking Time: 2 hr 10 min
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3-pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, not drained
What To Do:
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil then brown roast 8 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper over roast, then add onions and tomatoes with liquid to pot.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until roast is tender. Slice roast across the grain and serve with pan juices.
- Can't serve this without a steaming bowl of mashed potatoes, right??
Read more at http://www.mrfood.com/One-Pots/Stovetop-Roast#f4PM7JTDhRak3Ddt.99